Fun in the sun
This week, we did some research on outdoor activities to find out which ones are the best for summertime. We compiled some helpful tips and tricks for you to make sure your time outdoors is as fun and safe as possible. We all want to have fun in the sun!
The summer season is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy a variety of activities. For those looking for some suggestions, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite summertime outdoor activities.
- Paddling pools and water sprayers – this could be as simple as a washing up bowl and a clean spray bottle of water!
- Paint with water on your patio
- Sports day, with races and games – remember not to make it too competitive!
- Eating outside – why not make a pizza station and make your own lunch!
- Story time
- Water bombs (remember to pick up the rubbish afterwards!)
- Boccia or bowls – do you play this on holiday abroad? You only need a small garden for this! Its great fun.
- Playing at the park
- Walking with family – why not ask the grandparents if they want to go on a lovely country walk? Even the most bored tween will enjoy a walk SOMETIMES!
You can do almost anything outside, but just remember to keep safe. Sun cream is a must, and you should stay in the shade in the sunniest part of the day. If you have younger children, a great time for them to nap is the afternoon, so they don’t get too hot. Why not make ice lollies from fruit juices as a delicious, and healthy way to keep hydrated? You can also freeze yoghurts. An ice cream station would be another treat but what a fantastic way too cool down in the heat.
We hope you enjoyed our tips on how to have fun in the sun.