Protein spread recipes
Sports and active nutrition brand bulk has launched their delicious yet nutritious protein spreads, providing chocolatey goodness with 20 grams of protein yet only a teaspoon of sugar. You can drool over three flavours: Chocolate Hazelnut, White Chocolate Hazelnut, and White Chocolate Pistachio.
The irresistible, creamy spreads are the perfect balance between indulgent treat and healthy snack, whether you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, or you’re in need of a post-workout protein hit.
Made with real nuts, no added sugar, no palm oil, and packed with over 20g of protein per 100g, the scrumptious spread can be added to a shake or smoothie, spread on toast or pancakes, or even just spooned straight from the jar – they’re that good!
If you fancy trying out bulk’s protein spreads but you’re not sure where to start, why not try whipping up some of our delicious recipes:
Chocolate Crunch Squares – makes 8 squares
Ingredients for the base:
150g dark chocolate
50g bulk smooth peanut butter 40g puffed rice
Ingredients for the topping:
50g dark chocolate
80g bulk Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Spread
20g bulk White Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Spread, melted
- Add the puffed rice into a large bowl
- Add the dark chocolate and peanut butter into a heat-proof dish. Heat in the microwave for a few seconds until melted, then pour over the puffed rice
- Mix, then transfer into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Freeze for 15 minutes. Add the chocolate hazelnut protein spread and dark chocolate into another heat-proof dish and melt in the microwave
- Pour over the puffed rice, then drizzle the melted white chocolate hazelnut protein spread. Use a toothpick or sharp knife to create a swirl
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, then slice into squares
White Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding – serves 2-4
85g bulk White Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Spread
235ml bulk oat drink
1 1⁄2 tbsp cornflour
Optional toppings – melted bulk chocolate hazelnut protein spread and a chopped up bulk Macro Munch Protein Bar
- Add the oat drink and cornflour to a small saucepan and whisk until the cornflour has dissolved
- Add the white chocolate hazelnut protein spread, then cook on a low-medium heat mixing constantly until the mixture thickens
- Take off the heat and transfer into 2 serving glasses/dishes
- Leave to cool slightly, then transfer into the fridge to set for around an hour
We were kindly gifted two jars to try out ourselves. They taste amazing. The pistachio flavour in particular is to die for. It was very difficult to stop myself eating it out of the jar with a spoon! We would recommend! For more recipes click here.